You’ve been hearing about these new .Motorcycles URLs, and you’d love to have a uniquely branded website address within the motorcycle industry. BUT – you’re not quite sure where to start. How do you purchase a .Motorcycles domain name? What do you do once you’ve secured your exclusive URL?
That’s where we come in. With a little planning and preparation, it’s easy to transition your website to a new .Motorcycles URL! We’ll arm you with the information and tools you’ll need to make the move while maintaining your existing traffic and search engine rankings.
The steps below will provide you with a high level overview of what you can expect when you move your existing website to a new domain name. You can review step-by-step instructions published by Google for more detailed information. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have when it comes to purchasing your new .Motorcycles URL and moving your website (or creating a new website!). Contact us at 757-351-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Preparation
- Ensure you have a Google account (it’s free) so you have access to Google Webmaster tools.
- Gather all your website login information for the services you use to run your website.
- Registrar – this is where your domain name was purchased and registered.
- Hosting – the hosting company is the place your website files and data are stored.
- Website Builder – you may also use a website builder like Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, or WordPress
Step 2: URL Mapping
- Prepare a URL map of your current site; map them to their new format using your new .Motorcycles domain name URLs.
- Note: you’ll need to ensure any digital advertising links are also updated.
Step 3: Begin the Website Move
In this step, you’ll configure your website server to redirect and point your old domain name to your new .Motorcycles domain name. You will also alert any external sites linking to you and provide these sites with your new .Motorcycles URLs.
Step 4: Monitor
Make sure to monitor the traffic on both your old and your new site URLs. You’ll be able to identify any issues such as missing links, errors, and ensure Googlebot is crawling your site. You should see a drop in traffic on the old site and increasing traffic to your new site.
We’d love to help you determine the best way to utilize a .Motorcycles domain name for your business.
Contact us at 757-351-7303 or email@example.com!